H.O.P.E. - The (50+) Community Bridge
KINDNESS * Giving without Expectation
- On-the-Go (H.O.P.E.) Inspiration: "Post Cards of Faith" mailed and/or personally delivered monthly to a host of Family CareGivers (& many care receivers.)
- "Praying for You" phone calls & hospital visits; "Extra Hands and Heart" personal shopping, errands and appointments; family caregiver fellowship.
- Frequent volunteer and participant in family care support group meetings, conferences and workshops for the purpose of garnering and sharing meaningful best practices, resources and contacts that can help to encourage and inform the Family Care Giver.
- On-site inspirational book readings with music accompaniment for residents and staff at the following locations::La Hacienda Nursing and Rehab Center / Accel at Hermann Park (Transitional Care Center) / Mission Care Center
- Donated monetary gift cards to victims of Hurricane Harvey; and hosted a Family CareGiver "Bread & Break" beachfront fellowship.
- Provided encouragement through the giving of tangible gifts of inspiration to many of the CareGivers
- Sponsored lunch for family support group meetings
- Donated to the University of Texas MD Anderson (Palliative Care)
A "HUMAN" BOUQUET OF APPRECIATION Honoring the CareGiver now Care Receiver:
The residents at La Hacienda Nursing and Rehab Center, along with Mission Care Center were personally presented "Love Wraps"
(beautiful shawls for the women and stylish scarves for the men)